Tuesday 5 March 2013

Memories warm you up from the inside.

But they also tear you apart.

Haruki Murakami, from Kafka On The Shore

Jules Julien
Here, on this beautiful sunny day, is a memory that DOESN'T tear me apart, DOES warm me up from the inside and also makes me smile.

The other day, a friend and I were wandering through the perfume section of a department store - me actually trying to hold my breath because those places make me nauseous. (Don't get me started on airport Duty Free shops.)


I love perfume, by the way - INDIVIDUALLY.

I do NOT love six hundred and thirty seven perfumes all at once.

Then I remembered THIS:


It was THE perfume of my teenage years. I can still smell it in my mind. I had that very bottle, in the same packaging.

"Aqua Manda was timed perfectly to capture the spirit of the the end of the sixties and the beginning of the seventies. Its packaging suggesting oranges and flowers and the stylish Art Nouveau lid chimed in perfectly.

It smells of orange blossom and was the definitive scent of the flower power generation and as much a part of the backdrop to that era as the music and the fashion."


 I say...

BRING BACK AQUA MANDA!


No comments:

Post a Comment