Tuesday 12 March 2013

Don't be the girl who fell. Be the girl who got up.

Thanks, Jenette Stanley...I was yesterday.

That's not to say I didn't have a sense of humour bypass for about twenty minutes.

High up in the mountains, on our way back down after a long day's skiing, the snow began to fall. Visibility zilch.

A speeding skiing lady (kind word to describe her...she was no lady!) carved over my skis from behind. Survived that but when I was looking to see who this mutter mutter mutter person was I fell over! That'll teach me...

Then, because I'd lost my nerve, I fell over four more times in very quick succession. Kerthump, kerthump. Including one fall where I couldn't see the edge of a track and went over the side, ending up in a crumpled heap about thirty metres below. Could have been so much worse...

I could have taken the bubble back down to the town. A lot of me wanted to. I think the rest of the group would have been quite relieved if I had.

I carried on skiing. I'm so glad I did.

I was the girl who got up.

Here is my idea for the next James Bond movie:

Ski Fall










1 comment: