Saturday 16 March 2013

I don't deserve this award, but I have a sore throat and I don't deserve that either...

(Adapted from Jack Benny)

Awards ceremony, last night.

And the winners were:

Geoffrey - The Faff-Meister of the Week. (Nobody, but nobody can take longer to adjust his clothing, his rucksack straps, his goggles (oh no, let's change to sunglasses shall we?) his ski binding and his boots...)

Peter - The Snow Is Always Whiter Award. (Everywhere we went, almost, Peter thought it might have been better in another valley or on a a different slope, or if he had been wearing different clothes, or if the weather had been hotter/colder/less windy/duller brighter.)

David - The Unfortunate Quote Of The Week - "I think I'll buy my partner a cow bell so I can hear when she's coming."

Caroline - Weeble Woman of the Week. Oh how many times she fell over but she always got up. David's description of her skiing - "Completely out of control but always with a huge smile on her face."



No comments:

Post a Comment