Thursday 28 February 2013

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads...

"...and as we pass through them they prove to be many coloured lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus."


 How wise was Ralph Waldo Emerson? Very wise. In case you're wondering.

I've been pondering a chicken and egg dilemma for the last couple of days.


I'm feeling fit and healthy, happy and creative, making a positive difference to others - and opportunities and exciting prospects are flying into my life as though unbidden.

 That report I dare not read - about Of Night And Light - well, although there's more work to be done, the phrase that sticks in my mind is 'very well-presented, exceptionally well-written.' Usually, it's the negatives that leap off the page...

The animator who said he'd get back to me in a week-ish and in fact took six-ish (busy with Disney, don't you know!) - said, yesterday, "I have read your stories – they are really fab.  My favourite is Belief in Cod though – really great original funny story," - and his  company is looking to pitch to get it, and perhaps others, made.

YET...when I was unwell, unmotivated, withdrawn, lacking in creativity and low on optimism...

NOTHING POSITIVE HAPPENED 



 So - which came first? The open heart and cheerful disposition which magically allowed opportunities to flourish - or the great opportunities, which then improved my mood?


I swear it was the first. I created that as much as I created the stultifying inaction that allowed nothing to move forward in my world.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment