Sunday 17 March 2013

“We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries everyday with new experience and character”

And holidays, Thoreau. And holidays.

A tremendous week. Lovely people in our chalet (apart from us!)

Just imagine how dire it could have been, confined in close proximity with people we didn't get on with for a whole week. But I think we have some lifelong friends, so thank you, Rachel and John, Philippa and Paul. Not to mention Tom and Angie, chalet host and rep.

There are holidays where you lie in the sun and don't do a thing. There are holidays where you stretch yourself to the limits, physically and mentally. This holiday was one of those.

I feel refreshed and invigorated,  I suspect far more so than if I'd been sunbathing, sipping Pina Colada by the pool and reading chick lit. 


My over-active work-worrying issue-tussling brain has had a complete rest. It was too busy thinking up survival tactics in treacherous circumstances, and making sure I was still smiling even though sometimes I could have cried.

"Mont Gele? Pah! EASY."..she says loudly, to convince herself more than anyone else.
 And we had SUCH FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment