Saturday 9 March 2013

To travel hopefully is better than to arrive

Hmmm, I was going to say Robert Louis Stevenson was wrong as well as that fellow Richard Proenekke, but in fairness, he is HALF right...travelling hopefully is wonderful but arriving is good too.

With this unformattable blog - I think due to some grudge match between Apple and Blogger - I can only manage one picture, so the holiday images will be on my Facebook page. Just in case you are REMOTELY interested.

SO some anecdotes from today...

Me on the plane. Ordered tomato juice with ice and lemon and it came with a neat little straw. Which wasn't very effective. And then I realised it was a stirrer... In my defence, I had got up at 4.30 in the morning.

And when I was posting about still smiling and NOT through gritted teeth, even though our plane was delayed for two hours once we'd boarded - predictive text made it say grouted teeth. A whole new opportunity for an enterprising dentist?

Just now, our Skiworld rep proudly informed us that Verbier has a 25 centimetre swimming pool. Must go there then! Might manage a whole length.

And finally, at the airport, I was determined to buy a Jo Nesbo book because I heard she was such a great author. Attractive, isn't she?





No comments:

Post a Comment