Friday 29 March 2013

Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course.

 Lemony Snicket...

Goodness me, there are some very scathing opinions about tradition flying about...

“Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.” - Blimey, Krishnamurti, just chill!

"Tradition:one of those words conservative people use as a shortcut to thinking," - Warren Ellis

“Sometimes tradition and habit are just that, comfortable excuses to leave things be, even when they are unjust and unworthy." - Matthew Scully.

Well, excuse me, everybody. There are some traditions that are OKAY. What, please tell me, is wrong with traditions that bring back happy memories of childhood?

SO - today, being Good Friday, I WILL be eating hot cross buns (ONLY today) and I WON'T be eating meat, only fish.


Hoorah for tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment