Monday 25 March 2013

Without music, life would be a mistake.

That's what I think too, Mr. Nietzsche.


I listen to music a lot when I'm working - and have certain things that I play if I want to create a particular mood but all the time I'm finding new stuff that I love.

As a young thing, it was  Pick of The Pops and Radio 1 and  Top of the Pops - but now -  how do I discover music? I'll tell you - and it ISN'T mentioned in this article from the Telegraph.

The top ten places to discover new music online

(perhaps because my source isn't online!)

The latest, greatest source for me is BBC TV trailers. The people who put them together are nothing short of genius. The musicians' agents, or whoever decides to allow the music to be used, are Very Clever Marketers.

Recently - thanks to the trailer for the new drama series The Village, I've discovered Beck Goldsmith.(the wonders of Google searches!)



And a few weeks ago -  my Number One Favourite So Far This Year - for BBC Drama's general trailer:

Tom Odell.

Keeps me alive, keeps me young, keeps me inspired and uplifted, discovering new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment