Sunday 14 July 2013

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.

The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we’re doing it.

Neil Gaiman. Oh, how I've been enjoying listening. on BBC Radio 4, to The Ocean at the End of the Lane


...and, this is a title and a book cover that makes me compelled to buy, to read, to treasure.

Note to self. Never underestimate the importance of titles and book covers (chance would be a fine thing...)

My thoughts were inspired, yet again, by Radio 4 - listening to Val McDermid, Scottish crime writer, on Desert Island Discs. (A crime writer who is Scottish, not a writer who writes about Scottish crime, just to make that clear!)

 “I find walking by water is somehow helpful to the creative flow. Maybe it’s something to do with the movement of water but I always find that when I’m stuck when I’m writing, walking by the sea really helps.”

And here is where she lives - Alnmouth, in Northumberland.


It's easy to imagine creativity flowing here. Isn't it just?

What's the source of my ideas? What inspires me to write? (not including this blog)

Paree Erica
No - not chasing butterflies - but that's what it's like. As elusive as that.

I think I need to give it some thought so that maybe I can capture those moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment