Monday 8 July 2013

If we stay where we are, where we're stuck, where we're comfortable and safe, we die there...

 When nothing new can get in, that's death.

Thank you, Anne Lamott, for that cheery thought. Rather than die, I suppose I'd better try to fix the toilet then.


We have an antique toilet cistern downstairs. It's broken. It is certainly outside my comfort zone to embark on such a complex DIY endeavour, but...


Trying to fix the toilet doesn't exactly SCARE me, but it's part of my usual DIY Dilemma Situation.

Scenario One: I don't attempt to fix it and simply ask Peter, who then launches into a tirade - 'That's what my life is all about, isn't it? Fixing things that nobody else can be bothered to do anything about?'

Scenario Two: I DO attempt to fix it and fail, then Peter launches into a tirade - 'Why on earth didn't you leave that job to me? Now it's going to take twice as long to clear up the mess you've made.'

Scenario Three - the unimaginable. I DO attempt to fix it and SUCCEED...


See you on the other side.


Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment