Thursday 4 July 2013

What is the point of Shakespeare?

I know he is a genius and so on, but he does rave on. 'What light doth through yonder window break?' It's the bloody moon, for God sake, Will, get a grip!”

Thanks, Louise Rennison.


The point of Shakespeare is? He has shaped my life somewhat. Impossible that he didn't with the time I've spent immersed in his writing.

Oh, this blog isn't turning out quite the way I intended, forsooth.

Here was my starting thought:


Simply because, yesterday, I had a lesson on Alfie De Horse, who has been challenging for a while with his anxiety problems when faced with a jump. I had no expectations and we had a wonderful, harmonious, stress-free lesson.

Today, I had a lesson on Poppy De La Mare, who has been going beautifully so my expectations were high and we had...well...a mare of a lesson.

I could have wept. And all, I think, down to unfulfilled expectations.

BUT surely it's better to aspire, to have high expectations than to be resigned and have low expectations?

My brain hurts.



No comments:

Post a Comment