Monday 22 July 2013

I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate.

Marilyn Manson - who'd have thought I'd ever be quoting from him, but a good quote it is. Here's a jolly pic to brighten up your Monday:


I do NOT have mood poisoning, by the way. I was just thinking about puns and how much I adore them.

“You can lead a horticulture, but you cannot make her think,”said Dorothy Parker, just to confirm it.

I was brought up on puns. So much cheaper than baby food.

The delicious fare presented to me in my childhood was I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again and it still has me laughing in its current manifestation, impish son of ISIRTA - I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.


That's quite amazing, when you think about it - from 1967, when it was first broadcast, to today. Gulp - that's forty six years. FORTY SIX YEARS. There's longevity for you.

I wonder if it's a particularly British form of humour? I wonder if it's the type of humour that only people of my sort of age group enjoy?

Here's what had me giggling yesterday, when picking blackcurrants - generally the most tedious of jobs. The team was putting forward suggestions for less successful charities:

Brown Nose Day, Kelp For Heroes, The Salivation Army, Colonic Relief...and my two favourites:

Children in Tweed

and

Guide Dogs For The Blonde

Is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment