Tuesday 30 April 2013

Writers fish for the right words like fishermen fish for, um, whatever those aquatic creatures with fins and gills are called. 


This is from a book by Jarod Kintz called This is the best book I've ever written, and it still sucks (This isn't really my best book) - he's very funny. Completely absurd and I love absurd. Yesterday, surreal, today absurd.


Noticing absurd moments with words is my favourite pastime at the moment.

It could be because I'm going slightly deaf or it could be that broadcasters mumble. Who cares? The thing is that the version of the news that I hear is often so much more cheerful than reality.

So - yesterday:

"The Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, has admitted his office received secret peanuts from the US..."

I like to call it Squirrel Diplomacy.


 And programme trailers are so much more appealing than usual...this, the other day, for a new Channel 4 series

"Featuring Ben Earl, master of slice of ham and deception." Master of slice of ham? SERIOUSLY?



It took me a few seconds to get to sleight of hand...

Little things...

Well, it keeps me smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment