Thursday 25 April 2013

The appearance of things changes according to the emotions...

and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.

Kahlil Gibran
So...I've decided I could never write gooey love stories. Slush is SO difficult to put down on paper. There's no depth to it, no bite, no rough corners. And that's what interests me.

Hence, my difficulties since The Wedding...


It was a fairytale wedding, radiant, full of love, magic and beauty (The word slush would demean it) - and all that, I find incredibly hard to be creative with...

It's almost as if the writer in me is waiting for some blackness - or if not blackness, at least grey or, last resort, off-white.

Be careful what you wish for, Caroline Coxon.

Last night, at 6.15, I was thinking to myself..."What I really need is some work to get my teeth into." Then THAT MOMENT the phone rang. "Caroline, I hate to call you so late but...are you busy this evening? You can laugh at me if that's impossible."

My mind is WAAAAAY too powerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment