Monday 8 April 2013

Warning: Don't try to find out what fuzzy logic is when your logic is fuzzy.

 The word 'fuzzy' to me conjures up THIS:


Fuzzy, like fuzzy felt. Oh, endless fun was not had with this excuse for a creative pastime when I was a child.

Today, my brain possesses the cognitive capacity of a piece of fuzzy felt. Probably due to lack of sleep. Which was probably due to working too hard on a Sunday evening. I'm a fool to myself.

Through the fuzz, I remember that there is something called fuzzy logic. Ah, perhaps that could be the solution? Some logical process that would break through the fuzz.

 So, here is a definition of fuzzy logic.

"FL is a problem-solving control system methodology that lends itself to implementation in systems ranging from simple, small, embedded micro-controllers to large, networked, multi-channel PC or workstation-based data acquisition and control systems. It can be implemented in hardware, software, or a combination of both. FL provides a simple way to arrive at a definite conclusion based upon vague, ambiguous, imprecise, noisy, or missing input information. FL's approach to control problems mimics how a person would make decisions, only much faster."

You lost me at control system methodology...brain too fuzzy.


 To cheer me up - a quote from Brigid Lowry.

“Some ideas are not born of logic and good sense. They are made of clouds and cobwebs. They sprout from nowhere and feed on excitement, sprinkled with adventure juice and the sweet flavour of the forbidden."

THAT'S more like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment