Tuesday 2 April 2013

Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.

Guilty as charged, Zig Zigler (but I haven't got a ridiculous name)

Your statement makes me a little world weary though.

by Gale Franey
Yesterday, feeling a little virtuous, I thought I'd Plan Ahead, write one of my famous To Do Lists, so that today I could hit the ground running.

The trouble was, I couldn't actually think of anything to put on the list. I know what my personal creative writing goal is - to get more of my work published or produced - but I couldn't think of a single step to take in order to achieve that. There are countless, I'm sure, but to me it seemed like wading through an ultra sticky morass. Stuck.

So here's a  more comforting, optimistic view of my lack of direction, by C. Joybell. C (another ridiculous name but hey...)

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”

By Violet Sands

No comments:

Post a Comment