Friday 5 April 2013

We should strive to welcome change and challenges, because they are what help us grow.

H. G. Wells, from The Time Machine

I'm striving, I'm striving...

Very interesting. I listen to Classic FM quite a lot. Each Easter weekend they have a countdown of their Hall of Fame, favourite music, voted for by loyal listeners - and again, Rachmaninov's Second Piano Concerto in C Minor came out on top. I love that piece.

But lookee here...what have we at Number 3? The soundtrack to the Final Fantasy Series video games by Nobuo Uematsu?  
 UH?
And at Number 5, The soundtrack to The Elder Scrolls - another video game - by Jeremy Soule.

I'm turning in my grave!

Not really - I expect people were once horrified when the theme from Schindler's List did so well in 1993, and has done ever since. FILM MUSIC, DAMN IT?


I'd vote for that EVERY TIME.

Now to explore a new world of music...and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment