Saturday 28 April 2012

“We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said.

"Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
By Elizabeth Goudge from 'The White Witch'


What do you DO about people who only ever think of themselves, who are so utterly selfish that it takes your breath away - or, in the case of this morning - make tears well up in my eyes?

I'm terribly unreasonable, I know, to expect that someone for whom I've performed an act of kindness for 6 days a week for the last 5 years, in all weathers, even when I'm ill, should show me any gratitude at all. After all, I don't do it for that...but sometimes...

At the moment, all I can think of is performing acts of unspeakable torture.


(Blimey - you should see the images that come up when you Google the word torture! Actually, don't.)


That distracted me. I feel better now.

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.  If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway."

Just call me Mother Teresa...



No comments:

Post a Comment