Sunday 8 April 2012

...not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time.

...Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection...

So said Martin Luther. (Martin Luther without the King)


It seems all wrong that it's drizzling today. Somehow, it should be sunny on Easter Day. Shouldn't it? 'Come on, God!' I think, but then remember that we need rain far more than we need sunshine.

I'm sure it wasn't ever one of the Ten Commandments: 'Thou shalt not use thy hosepipe to fill thy pond unless thy pond containeth fish.' 

It's a commandment in East Sussex, however. As well as, 'Thou shalt not wash thy car' - well, I won't find that one much of a struggle.

Happy Easter, everyone and thank you, God, for my favourite flowers.


Send as much rain as you like. Alfie and Poppy need grass, they tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment