Monday 16 April 2012

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses

Confucius said that - a man not known for his marathon running.

It so very much applied to me yesterday - and today and every day henceforward if I'm sensible.

It would be Very VERY Boring if I were to list all the pre-marathon ailments I was nursing. Suffice to say, my head was telling me I should NOT be doing this marathon, especially when I had to fill out the 'Next Of Kin' section on the back of my race number and was seriously wondering if I'd end up...well, dead...if you must know.

My heart, however...


I had a wonderful, wonderful time. I kept to my promise to smile all the way. It was SO moving (pardon the unintended pun) when my legs didn't want to work anymore and someone would shout 'Come on, Curly!' (the nickname emblazoned on my vest) 'We love you, Curly!' 'You're awesome!'

Then suddenly my legs got a burst of energy from somewhere and I was able to keep running.

People are so GENEROUS-SPIRITED!

This is for YOU, lovely people and all the kind, kind people who sponsored me for a very good cause.

It's not too late!

The Bhopal Medical Appeal  - that's the link to my Just Giving page.


No comments:

Post a Comment