Tuesday 3 April 2012

I would rather be ashes than dust!


"I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The function of man is to live, not to exist.

I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

This is Jack London's credo - he wrote 'The Call Of The Wild" - and I think it's absolutely inspirational (though I won't be having it tattoed on my back anytime soon!)

For a change, I'm quite...


 Make the most of it while you can!

2 comments:

  1. Jack London also wrote a story advocating genocide as a solution for China's expansionism...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite so inspirational...

    ReplyDelete