Tuesday 10 April 2012

In reality, everyone is good in bed...

"Close eyes. Shutdown brain. Pause as necessary. Restart brain. Open eyes. What's there to not be good at?"

I think this must have been said by THIS John Dobbin -  "Just the casual observer of things around me with a focus on Winnipeg"...

...rather than THIS John Dobbin - "baptised 21st March 1815 St Cuthbert's, Darlington - an English landscape painter."

Just a hunch.

(He painted lovely pictures even if his wit left something to be desired.)


Anyway, yesterday I was good in bed.

Yet again, I've come down with a chesty cold thing. A running friend (a friend who runs!) suggests that because I've been training so hard for the marathon, WHICH IS ON SUNDAY, I've compromised my immune system so I catch anything that's going.

It hardly seems fair, does it?

After I'd tended to Alfie and Poppy's every need (in the rain) yesterday morning, I went back to bed. I slept. I woke feeling a lot better and not even the slightest bit guilty.

 
The world didn't pass me by. It just waited for me to catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment