Friday 13 April 2012

Do as you would be done by

Isn't this a wonderful picture?

By Jessica Wilcox Smith c 1916
Mrs. DoAsYouWouldBeDoneBy from The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley.

I loved that book when I was a child.


This one's of Mrs. BeDoneByAsYouDid

I have an innate sense of How Things Should Be permeating my life. I don't know if it's my age - the era in which I was brought up or the WAY in which I was brought up, but 'To Do As You Would Be Done By' is something that has stuck with me. I'm practically destined for sainthood, me! (And if you believe THAT...)

I wonder if Peter would like eyeballs for dinner?
The flaw in this quite sickeningly honourable way of leading one's life is when one expects everyone else to adhere to the same principle.

BIG MISTAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment