Friday 6 April 2012

The horse and his girl

Alfie speaking. Reluctantly. Caroline twisted my front leg to get me to do a guest blog. Overwhelming demand, she said. That would be Joanna then.

If anyone bumps into C.S.Lewis, could they tell him to write a sequel to this:

...then I might find a better image.

Here is me:


The Horse without His Girl.

In this blog here My Girl was going on in a rather contemptuous way about me being scared when she took me round The Other Way on a hack.

Quite honestly, I despair sometimes at her lack of understanding. Doesn't she know ANYTHING about how horses see? Let me explain. My eyes are on the side of my head. Mostly I have monocular vision.

That means my eyes don't work together (unless I look down my nose - the dark segment of the circle)

SO one eye sees one thing and the other eye sees another thing and they don't communicate with each other.

ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS, CAROLINE?

SO when I go round a different way it's like both my eyes are seeing everything for the first time.

SO, next time we do that, please don't bother saying to me 'we've been past that wheelie bin thirty times so why on earth did you leap sideways ten feet as though you only just noticed it was there?'

IT WAS BECAUSE I ONLY JUST NOTICED IT WAS THERE WITH MY OTHER EYE.

GOT IT?


No comments:

Post a Comment