Monday 5 September 2011

“The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”

Thomas Edison invented this quotation as well as a few other things you might have heard of...like, allegedly, the incandescent light bulb, probably angry because in reality Joseph Swan invented it the year before.












Apparently, Edison's workshop contained "eight thousand kinds of chemicals, every kind of screw made, every size of needle, every kind of cord or wire, hair of humans, horses, hogs, cows, rabbits, goats, minx, camels ... silk in every texture, cocoons, various kinds of hoofs, shark's teeth, deer horns, tortoise shell ... cork, resin, varnish and oil, ostrich feathers, a peacock's tail, jet, amber, rubber, all ores ..."

...a bit like my brain at the moment.

It's full of all sorts of rubbish and I have a house full of guests. I adore my family but it's hard for me to think straight unless I have space.

SO...

Today perhaps I won't even try.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Caroline. I try and find the quiet in every storm. Sometimes it only happens for a moment, but in that moment I can find some creative clarity. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to creative clarity, Tommy!

    ReplyDelete