Monday 19 September 2011

Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar

I thought I'd wake you all up on a Monday morning. Well, most of you. And, by the way, the 'no hay' part of the quote has nothing to do with Alfie De Horse moaning about lack of breakfast again.

To save you time, if time is needed: Traveller, there is no path; through walking the path is made.


I love this quotation. Antonio Machado is now on my list of People I've Never Heard Of Who Say Remarkable Things. The list is pretty long.

I'm not going to go into endless up-my-own-backside philosophical interpretation about it, you'll be relieved to hear. All I will say is that I found it comforting. So often I'm tussling with the dilemma "Should I go this way or that way? Which is the better path for me to choose?"

How wonderful to think that I don't have to tussle. All I need to do is set off.












Somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment