Friday 9 September 2011

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.

Helen Keller - such an inspiration to me - said that.

Explain to me why it is that when I'm feeling pessimistic nothing good happens. How does the world KNOW and then conspire against me?

Yesterday, I was feeling optimistic and feisty. I sent Of Night And Light (first three chapters and synopsis) off to a literary agent and then got down to the work I had been panicking about for so long - and of course, it was much easier than anticipated once I'd started.

THEN, I received an e-mail from my Putney film director saying she wanted to film my screenplay, The Best Days Of Your Life, Right? - the 13 page version - and was sending it off to a producer to see about getting funding.

THEN, I received an e-mail from another director asking for a screenplay with action sequences. The only one I have of the right length is...The Best Days Of Your Life, Right?...

So...film directors are like buses...


None for ages, then two come along at once.

I'm not complaining.

But back to my original question. How did the world know I was feeling optimistic and open to good things happening in my life?

 Beats me...

No comments:

Post a Comment