Wednesday 28 September 2011

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

It's very comforting that Einstein could say something like that. Good old Einstein. Here he is aged 9 months.

I have an absurd idea, you see, (one of many) and I'm building up to...

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I can't decide whether or not to explain it in this blog. It's not that I'm worried about it being stolen, it's more that if I do it will commit me, in public, and won't I look such a fool when it all turns to dust? I should say IF, shouldn't I?

I think I'll just call it Absurd Idea #1 and leave it at that.

Image by Princesse Cam Cam
From my extensive research (5 minutes) I have discovered that there seem to be two schools of thought about ideas.

First, from the French philosopher with the pseudonym Alain (wonder if he's a girl in disguise? ref. What's in a name?)

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have."

Second, Swami Vivekananda (YOU know, that extremely famous Indian Hindu spiritual leader that I've never heard of)

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced"

Thinking about it, I suppose the two statements aren't entirely conflicting... 


Discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment