Monday 26 September 2011

I will lift up mine eyes unto the pills.

Goodness, reading a quote by Malcolm Muggeridge takes me back to my distant youth. He's described as 'the gadfly columnist of Britain's New Statesman' in an August 1962 issue of Time Magazine. He was a brilliant satirist but rather lost my respect at one time for criticising Life of Brian in a debate about blasphemy...

Anyway...that's rather beside the point, as is much of my blog writing. Except...here's a very neat link.

See, a link between blasphemy and medication.

The fact of the matter is that I am ill (again) - the third bout of terrible earache in the last six weeks. It's no good. I can't go on any longer telling myself that if I carry on horse riding/road running/circuit training as normal and pretend it's not there IT WILL GO AWAY.

IT HASN'T. Excuse me for shouting but I'VE GONE A LITTLE DEAF.

 Yes, I realise this is boring, but it's not quite as boring as having earache.

I have an appointment with the doctor this afternoon.

I am hoping she will say something dramatic. Something better than 'you have earache' - because I could have told her that.

In the meantime, I'm going back to bed. There, I've said it. I'm a snivelly little weakling after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment