Wednesday 14 September 2011

You must look within for value, but must look beyond for perspective.

That's the sort of quote you might expect from someone who's written books called The Psychology of Winning and Psychology of Success. He's called Denis Waitley, by the way, and I must very grudgingly admit that he's right and that I should listen to his words of wisdom.

Yep, Flimsy is my middle name.

I think it's partly to do with working from home. Some days I don't speak to anyone at all from the moment I sit down at my desk until the time Peter gets home from work.

My brain is a fertile place for growing doubt about my competence. There's no one around to tell me to stop.

That's why it was good, yesterday, to go into work, to meet with my boss, to discover that my writing was valued, to be offered more work, to be told that it was lovely to see me because I smiled...

So, Denis, I failed, didn't I? Actually, I HALF failed because I sought acknowledgement from someone else but that did have the result of giving me some perspective about myself and the way I keep hold of the idea that I'm useless.


Perhaps if I had Jellymeat Whiskas for lunch (other brands available) I might begin to think like that cat?

Perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment