Wednesday 1 June 2011

And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days

James Russell Lowell said that. I wonder if he has a beard? Let me check.

Yes, indeedy...

Further evidence that people with beards say smart things.

I shall have to grow one at once.

Or perhaps a false beard would work as well?

Anyway, June started well for me. I finished the (anonymous) comedy script and submitted it in time.

Then, I woke up this morning to discover that the first ten pages of my (anonymous) screenplay had come second in the contest for which they were entered.

I'm delighted.

I'm also mindful of that poem by Kipling...the part that says:

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same"

I'm hopeless at this. Must do better.

Oh look - Kipling doesn't have a beard!


Here is Flaming June, by Frederick Leighton...

















...to brighten all our days.

2 comments:

  1. Kipling's eyebrows make up for the lack of mustache I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's just facial hair in general that makes you say smart things?

    I shall stock plucking my eyebrows immediately.

    ReplyDelete