Wednesday 22 June 2011

Perfection has one grave defect: it is apt to be dull.

That's a relief, W Somerset Maugham, because I'm so many light years away from being perfect and my work is so very far from perfect that there's hope for me yet!


Continuing with the imperfection theme - for some reason at the moment I am unable to upload images. This blog is a self-fulfilling prophecy...

The annoying thing about it is that there must be the desire for attaining perfection in me, because I am compelled by some mysterious force to keep on trying with the images. Endlessly. Even though it must be a temporary fault with Blogger.


I'll tell you where I attain perfection! In wasting my time.

I'm going to come back to this later and try again.




(If there are images here now, it is because I've been following very convoluted instructions from a Google Help Forum. How ridiculous is THAT? It's not as if posting images is a matter of life and death.)

Hah!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Caroline. I'm Inderjeet and I used that Maugham quote as my Facebook Status. A friend, being truly quirky googled on it and turned up your blog.

    Your style is a lot like mine and he is almost convinced that you are me. Or maybe I am you. Either way, we are two distinct beings, I think.

    I am near Seattle, Washington, USA and haven't been in the UK since 1953. I think I've never been to East Sussex, but I'm not sure; I was very young.

    Images are there. Hah, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Inderjeet!

    How lovely to hear from you. Can I reassure you and your friend that I am not you?!

    A very Happy Christmas to you and a Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete