Monday 20 June 2011

Having imagination, it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that, if you were unimaginative, would take you only a minute.

 ...Or you might not write the paragraph at all. 


Franklin P Adams was an American columnist. Before he died, that is. He plainly knew what it's like to be a writer.


Over the weekend I had such FUN writing my screenplay. 


I wish I could tell you all about it but then I'd have to kill you. (It's for the final stage of a contest and authors must be anonymous)


My imagination had wings - and that's what takes me so long. Since I'm not writing a novel, every time I think of something - characters, settings, props - I can see it so vividly in my mind but then have to convey it in very few words that will still paint a perfect visual picture.


Believe me, it's very much harder writing less than it is writing more...


Snip, snip, snip...love writing, hate cutting.


It's a challenge though. Makes me realise I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment