Wednesday 15 June 2011

“A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it's better than no inspiration at all.”

Rita Mae Brown. Someone else I've never heard of. Until now.

She must be okay, though, because she rides horses.


She's also PARTLY right about deadlines. I've decided I need them. Not terribly urgent deadlines that make me panic. Just deadlines. Otherwise I footle about rather aimlessly.

Is footle a word? It is now!

Actually, it already was a word.

footle [ˈfuːtəl] Informal
vb (intr)
1. (often foll by around or about) to loiter aimlessly; potter
2. to talk nonsense
n
Rare foolishness
[probably from French foutre to copulate with, from Latin futuere]

What it has to do with copulation is anyone's guess.
Anyway...deadlines. I just discovered the most wonderful image:

Huzzah!


No comments:

Post a Comment