Sunday 30 December 2012

“Winter is the time for comfort..."

" for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”

Edith Sitwell by Roger Fry
Of course, the one day I decide not to ride, the sun's out!

I have enjoyed the rotten weather though, because it's meant that I could lie on the settee with impunity in the afternoons. (Impunity is such a good settee companion, nearly as snuggly as Roly the yellow labrador) and read and read and read...

So far in three days I've read Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? (Jeanette Winterson) and My Animals and Other Family (Clare Balding) and am winging my way through Mal Peet's Life: An Exploded Diagram which is wonderful. (It shouldn't amaze me, but it does, that novels described as Young Adult are very often THE BEST)


I think I'm going to have to lie on the settee without impunity this afternoon to read some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment