Saturday 15 December 2012

“It is not light that we need, but fire."

"It is not the gentle shower, but thunder.We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.”


 So said Frederick Douglass, the great American abolitionist.

 This is my call to action for today. (Yes, pretty pathetic to compare the anti-slavery movement with my own feeble objectives, but hey...)

The thing is, half-measures are simply not enough anymore - and today, half measures are about all I feel like.

The weather's foul, I'm tired, I've got yet another chill coming after my thorough drenching of yesterday, there's far too much to do...

 
Moan groan moan groan.

I really don't like myself very much when I complain. (Me with the countless blessings in my life.)

So here's to fire, thunder, storm, whirlwind and earthquake... not in the meteorological sense, thank you very much, but in my heart and soul,

so I can just

GO FOR IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment