Tuesday 18 December 2012

I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones.

For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed.

Who said this? I'll tell you shall I? Save you looking it up on Google.


He did! The scarecrow. And to think he also said, "If I only had a brain..." because, even without one, he's quite profound.

I have to confess, I've never seen The Wizard of Oz. And, here go my rather random thought processes; whenever I think about it, I think about Somewhere Over The Rainbow and then I think of my dear departed dog, Quink.

Quink, the stick-meister.
When I had taken him to the vet for the very last time to be put to sleep to end his suffering from liver cancer, I was driving home in pieces and this came on the car radio:


 It seemed just perfect and now, each time I hear it, it makes me smile with happy memories of a lovely dog, chasing sticks in heaven.

To the beautiful Israel Kamakawiwo'ole -unusual and so much worthy of consideration

And to Quink who didn't live and die unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment