Monday 24 December 2012

“Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head.

He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with nargles.”



I won't insult you by telling you where that quote comes from...

All I will say is 'May your mistletoe not be infected with nargles!"

And my dream of a white Christmas is just that - a dream. Christmas here is mud coloured. I've just spent an hour washing Poppy's legs, drying them and coating them with Vaseline in the vain hope that the mud won't stick. Her Christmas treat.

A Caroline's weird thought association alert:


Possibly the crassest Christmas song in the ever ever.

5 comments:

  1. I'm really, really sorry that I clicked on the you tube link. Even 10 seconds was more than one should have to bear!
    Happy xmas to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy Christmas to you too! Apparently it's the 80th Anniversary of the LUMC and seems we are going to the dinner with Tim Morley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - I was hoping that a few of the seriously old people would make it.

    [steps back from the screen as he clicks "publish" to avoid the inevitable..... ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that or does it not mean you are going to it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't mean either but I can see the ambiguity!

    It actually means that I'm not going but am glad that some of my generation are.
    I'd definitely go if I was in the UK, so you can assume that I'm there in spirit.
    From their website, looks like a good group.

    ReplyDelete