Friday 28 December 2012

“The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected."

"I have always considered the rain to be healing -- a blanket -- the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.”


The quotation from Douglas Coupland, author of  Life After God

I was looking for a positive interpretation for the current weather conditions and I believe I found one!

You know me, optimistic, a morning person, leaps out of bed every day at 6.30 or thereabouts to go to see to the horses. But at the moment it's HARD. It's dark at that hour - so dark I can't see the numbers on the padlock to unlock it so have to squeeze round the side of the gate. And it's cold and it's windy and it always seems to be raining.

So thank you, Douglas Coupland, for giving me something different to think about.

And thank you horses, always pleased to see me, waiting by the field gate, calling a greeting, no matter how drenched they are after a long night in the field.


There's no better way to start the day - even in the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment