Tuesday 4 December 2012

“Eighty percent of success is showing up."

Thanks, Woody Allen.


Yesterday I showed up!

I swallowed all those ridiculous but deeply-felt thoughts and cleverly constructed justifications that were preventing me from starting my rewrite.

Completely crazy. I approached it with the same gut-churning fear that might accompany...


a bungee jump. (Only she doesn't look nearly fearful enough.)

OR...

swimming in shark-infested waters.

And all I had to do was open up two files on my computer - the first draft of the novel and the notes from the literary consultant - read the latter again and...start the re-write!

Sometimes I feel incredibly pathetic.


Postscript: I enjoyed it A LOT about three minutes after I'd started and then carried on for the rest of the day.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment