Tuesday 1 May 2012

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline

Yeah, right Nolan Bushnell. Whoever he is. Let me ask Mr. Wikipedia. He always gives accurate information.

"Nolan Key Bushnell (born February 5th, 1943) is an American engineer and entrepreneur who founded both Atari, Inc and the Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza-Time Theaters chain."

Of course he is.

(Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza-Time Theaters? I feel at once nauseous)

Back to deadlines...


I seem to write about deadlines a lot so I apologise if I've used this cartoon before.

Actually, my clients don't cry deadline. Well, they DO cry deadline but they MEAN IT! They don't postpone, they shorten the deadline. And then they add last minute revisions just before the allotted time so I can't possibly meet said deadline unless I can work out how to travel back in time.

...

Later...much later. I take it back - they DO postpone deadlines as well but only to heap more and more work into an already impossible schedule.

But I did it!

I LOVE COPY-WRITING!




No comments:

Post a Comment