Wednesday 2 May 2012

Panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination.

Useless information of the day: Christian Nestell Bovee, who said this, was a mid-19th century American author. There, now don't you feel better?

Back to panicking...or rather NOT panicking.


I was thinking a lot about what it does to me when I panic only yesterday, when I was up against all those deadlines and was managing, somehow, not to panic (much). Actually, I didn't even have time to panic so the enemy of my imagination didn't get a look in, for once.

Panicking really uses up a lot of emotional energy and brain power which then means I can't actually work effectively. A simple truth.

Simple truths can be Quite Annoying because they're so obvious but yet I STILL manage to disregard them.

Here's me in panic mode:


Today, I'm not panicking, despite the fact that I have deleted my entire Outlook account so have no record of a million-billion e-mails, some of which contain important information.

I'm looking on it as a fresh start - a sort of spring-clean...

(Gulp!)


No comments:

Post a Comment