Tuesday 29 May 2012

Great minds have purposes; others have wishes.

Useful fact of the day: Washington Irving said this. Second useful fact of the day. He also wrote Rip Van Winkle, in 1819That's enough useful facts. Useful? For a game of Trivial Pursuits maybe.

The mention of Rip Van Winkle at least gives me the excuse to feature a beautiful illustration by Arthur Rackham (1905) 

Hanging the moon and stars
Back to wishes and purposes.

I have lots of wishes. Too many to list, but here are a few. (It's quite embarrassing what comes first to my mind when it could be 'world peace' or 'an end to poverty'...)

1. I wish one of my feature length screenplays would be made into a film.
2. I wish one of my novels would be published
3. I wish everyone in my family could be happy, healthy and fulfilled (that's a bit more worthy!)
4. I wish we could live in France one day, by magic, without the hassle of selling up and moving
5. I wish I didn't need sleep so I could get more done.
6. I wish I wasn't so much of a worrier.

'If wishes were wings, this dream would fly' by King Barbarossa
What a small, small mind I have (mostly). I wish I had more inspiring wishes!  Bigger dreams.An over-arching purpose.

Wishes, purpose? Purpose, wishes? Chicken, egg. Egg, chicken.

And breathe...

And create...

No comments:

Post a Comment