Monday 21 May 2012

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances.

The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.

Ouch, George Bernard Shaw. That's a bit heavy for first thing on a Monday morning, but annoyingly true.


I don't know if it's particularly true for an aspiring writer. (I should stop saying that. I AM a writer) I feel as though it is, because we're always having to pitch, put ourselves out there, lay bare our souls in order to find an agent, get work published, get work READ even, get screenplays made...

Circumstances are all too easy to hide behind. I don't feel 100%...I must concentrate on PAID work rather than indulging my creativity...I'll do it later/tomorrow/next week when I'm on top of things...I haven't got the time...

Actually, all that is just faltering self-belief.


It's simple. Simple is not the same as easy.

 George Bernard Shaw's speaking to me again...(sometimes I wish he'd just go away.)

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Okay, I'll do it.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment