Monday 14 May 2012

Tingle moments...


Hairs on the back of the neck rising moments...time standing still moments...sublime moments...

The first: I was listening to Desert Island Discs. The castaway was Baroness Sheila Hollins, professor of psychiatry. Interesting. I was half paying attention until she spoke about her daughter Abigail who, while out walking with her toddler in a pushchair, was (randomly) stabbed in the neck and as a result she was paralysed.

Abigail lost her ability to speak but was communicating by blinking letters of the alphabet. She had always been fond of poetry. She blinked this haiku, that she had composed, to her father.

 ‘Still, silent body
but within my spirit sings
dancing in love light.’ 


I'm lost for words.

Blue Spirit by Stephen Linhart




This morning, driving along listening to Classic FM - and this came on:

 

The slow movement of Chopin's Piano Concerto No 2 - and here, Rubinstein is 89 years old. 

I was transported, calmed - to me this is completely sublime.

It  always fills me with wonder that my tingle moments may leave someone else completely cold...

1 comment:

  1. That haiku is beautiful. So sad, what an awful thing to happen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete