Thursday 10 May 2012

Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish

The world of possibility...


(I'm fast becoming Doug Savage's Number One Fan. I've just subscribed to his daily cartoon - and I WILL buy some of his stuff because his work gives me so much pleasure!)

Not feeling very full of possibility this morning, I was thinking about it...possibility. First, I found the quote, which is by Jean de La Fontaine - he of fable fame. I'VE HEARD OF HIM. I still remember the beginning lines of one of his fables, which I had to learn for a French speaking contest when I was about 12. Which was quite a long time ago.



Maître Corbeau, sur un arbre perché,
Tenait en son bec un fromage.
Maître Renard, par l'odeur alléché,
Lui tint à peu près ce langage :
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau.
Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau !





...so that cheered me up immediately.

Then I found the World of Possibility image - and that cheered me up even more.

And then I found THIS image...

...and now I'm laughing.

My lack of possibility was mainly due to a feeling of...dearth of creativity.

Bye-bye dearth of creativity. Hello possibility! My soul has been fired...


No comments:

Post a Comment