Monday 28 May 2012

I dwell in possibility…

Funny thing...I thought this phrase (which I like, but at the same time it makes me feel slightly nauseous) came from some American motivational speaker. Apologies to American motivational speakers everywhere but sometimes they can be a bit too much for my very British understated way of being.

(especially for my son Tim)
But no...I dwell in possibility was written by by Emily Dickinson.

Yes, she was American but not a motivational speaker, as far as I know.


She doesn't exactly LOOK like one, at any rate, but, in a different age, she could have been. She says things that motivational speakers say. In a sullen sort of way.

Anyway, here's how I dwell in possibility even when I start off the day thinking I'm not. I create a possibility for someone else. It's a win-win situation. Fail-safe.

And it hardly ever makes me feel nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment