Thursday 28 July 2011

“Nothing is certain in London but expense.”












The quotation was written by William Shenstone, poet and landscape gardener, sometime in the eighteenth century...so nothing much has changed about London then.

I have a meeting there this afternoon. I'm not sure who it's with - I mean, I know the name of the woman but nothing about her - and I'm not sure what it's about. It MIGHT mean more work for me, which is always exciting.

Country girl goes up to the Big City. I like going to London. It makes me feel grown-up. But I like coming home even better.








So, ARE the streets of London paved with gold?















I'll tell you later.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, thanks a lot for a engaging blog, I really don't on the whole post compliments but valued your blog post therefore thought I would say thankyou ~ Lucy
    My web blog ... garden designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Lucy. You just made my day!

    ReplyDelete