Friday 8 July 2011

“Diligence is a good thing, but taking things easy is much more restful”

I am thinking that Mark Twain has to be the person who has said the most things that are relevant to me. He hardly ever fails when I'm looking for something to reflect my mood of the moment. And he wrote Huckleberry Finn.











This week I've had a virus. My left ear has been full of goo. What do I do? I think 'I'll ignore it. I'll run faster, train harder, work longer and it'll go away.'

It HAS gone away, just about, but has left me feeling like a limp rag doll.


















Today, the weather took pity on me. It was raining so hard this morning that I could safely decide I wasn't going to ride Alfie and not feel that I was being a hopeless wimp.

I have given myself permission to be just the tiniest bit ill today.















Driven? Moi?

No comments:

Post a Comment