Monday 25 July 2011

“An injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult.”

Hmmmm - it doesn't look as though Lord Chesterfield did much in the way of road running - but you never can tell.












Anyway, my stupid body is probably trying to tell me that I'm not as young as I used to be. (My body is very good at coming out with axiomatic truths.)

I have tendonitis.

Posterior tibial tendonitis, says Doctor Internet. Which, apparently, is not that common. OF COURSE IT ISN'T.













Ouch!

The good news is that although it's painful to walk, let alone run, riding is fine, as is riding my bike, and so is swimming, so I don't have to undo all the weeks of stamina training.

Yesterday I embarked on a Tour de Buxted. A bit like the Tour de France, only shorter.












I won!

But then, I was only competing against myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment